Headed to the zoo? Tuck this zoo scavenger hunt in your backpack. Kids will love this seek and find game featuring lions, hippos, zebras, and more!
Whether you are headed to the zoo for a field trip, as a homeschool group, or as a regular member – you’ll love this engaging activity. Kids will enjoy completing a zoo scavenger hunt as they explore the exhibits!
How to Play a Zoo Scavenger Hunt
So, how do you play a Zoo Scavenger Hunt? Well, be creative! There are so many ways to play, that I’ll just share a few of my favorite scavenger hunt ideas:
- Educational Scavenger Hunt – A Zoo Scavenger Hunt is great for field trips and homeschool groups. Challenge students to find all of the zoo items on the card.
- Zoo Party Game – Having a birthday party at the zoo? A scavenger hunt is the perfect zoo party game!
- Photo Scavenger Hunt – Great for adults and teens, send them around the park to capture photos of each item with their smartphones. Allot extra points when a person is in the photo, too, or require entire groups be in the photo with each item listed on the scavenger hunt.
Did you know? All of our Scavenger Hunt Games include the picture and the word so that any kid can play, even if they haven’t learned to read.
What items should be included in a Zoo Scavenger Hunt?
Here are some items to find on a Zoo Scavenger Hunt:
Scavenger Hunts for a Trip to the Zoo
There are two ways to buy our Zoo Scavenger Hunt game. It is available on Amazon and Etsy, in both digital and physical formats.
- Dry-Erase Zoo Scavenger Hunt – Wipeable for repeated use, mark off zoo-themed items as they are found. Zoo Scavenger Hunts are great for field trips or a zoo birthday party.
- Printable Zoo Scavenger Hunt – This print-it-yourself Zoo Scavenger Hunt is an engaging activity for kids and families.
If you liked this scavenger hunt game, you might also like:
- How to Go on a Nature Scavenger Hunt with Kids
- Road Trip Scavenger Hunt for Kids (Screen-Free Car Game)
- Park Scavenger Hunt for Kids (Local, State, and National Parks)